Growing Corporate and Real Estate Firm is hiring an Experienced Real Estate Paralegal in Miami, Florida.
KEW Legal® is a woman-owned law firm servicing entrepreneurs and investors as their legal and consulting department. The firm is composed of sophisticated and highly educated professionals that pride themselves in finding creative solutions as a result of years of experience assisting hundreds of businesses and individuals in a wide range of complex matters. KEW Legal® offers white glove customer service to its clients, access to its expansive network of service providers and vendors and makes connections between clients to help them find opportunities. Our team is composed of the highest level of trust-worthy individuals, who will make sure that clients feel like our family. Learn more at www.kewlegal.com
We are an entrepreneurial law firm that is on track for growth, and we need a paralegal with strong experience in all aspects of real estate law and transactions, who can hit the ground running as we build our dream team.
The ideal candidate will have experience taking initiative on work that needs to be done and completing tasks with minimal supervision.
The essential job duties include:
- Providing outstanding customer service and prompt communication to clients and referral sources
- Maintaining the Firm Calendar of meetings, client appointments, closings, and deadlines
- Updating in case management the clients’ projects with any relevant matter events, deadlines, and reminders
- Opening and closing case files
- Requesting title, lien, tax, surveys, estoppels, payoffs and any other document needed to meet title requirements
- Processing and reviewing title
- Preparing closing statements and closing disclosures
- Coordinating due diligence for a variety of commercial and residential real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, borrowings, etc.
- Preparing and filing a variety of documents, including, deeds, mortgages, UCC financing statements, etc.
- Preparing and distributing closing binders
- Preparing closing checklists and coordinating the closing process for various transactions commercial and residential real estate transactions
- Assist with finalizing policies of title insurance and other post-closing matters
- Confirming wire instructions verbally to prevent wire fraud
- Preparing packages for signing and notarizing (in person and remotely)
This is a key position in the firm. It is a full-time job, so you MUST be able to work *in the office*.
Experience and Skills Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of prior experience in the real estate closing process is required.
- You must be able to process a closing file from start to finish.
- Excellent Spanish, verbal and written, is strongly preferred.
- Portuguese speaking is a plus, but not required.
- You must be comfortable with a computer and demonstrate proficiency with common office applications (Word, Outlook email & calendar, Facebook, and so on).
- You must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients (and us) dearly. This is important. Make sure that this is a skill that you are known for!
- You will be working on many tasks and cases concurrently, over long periods of time. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline.
- You must be able to work independently and as part of a team understanding that other team members will be relying on your ability to move things through the pipeline.
- We are a fast-paced law firm that needs team members who work well under pressure. If you get frazzled easily with juggling multiple deadlines, this job is not for you.
- Bring your energy, positivity, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.
- You MUST be a positive person. If your middle name is “Drama,” you will not be successful here.
- If you walk through life seeing opportunities where other people see problems, you will probably do well here.
- If you find yourself thinking of why things can’t work instead of how they can, you will not be happy here.
- Because we help individuals with very sensitive matters, every member of our team must be conscientious and trustworthy. We will be doing a background check and disqualifying anyone with a history of fraud, theft, embezzlement, or anything that is an indicator of dishonesty.
We are growing fast, and we are investing time and energy in building our A Team. Team culture is really important to our company. We lean on each other and work together to grow the company. If you are the kind of gal/guy that will roll up their sleeves to get the job done, keep reading! We are known for finding creative ways to find solutions, so being a problem solver is a must. We are all different, but we respect each other – we don’t judge or gossip – so we will not allow that behavior from anyone in the team.
There will be training on the types of legal matters we handle, how we process our files, how to use our case management system. However, we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
This is NOT the right opportunity for someone looking for their first professional job or for an introduction into real estate.
Initial compensation is based on projected productivity and performance. Bonus compensation will be available on a performance basis.
The position is full-time and offers eleven (11) paid holidays. Additional benefits are under consideration but are not yet offered by the Firm.
For the right person, this will be a highly rewarding position. If this sounds like a good fit for you, you will need to complete a two-step process in order to be considered. First, apply for this position and include your resume’ and a cover letter as a PDF document. If we review your resume’ and think we might be a good fit, we will send you a written interview. Applicants who successfully complete the written interview will be contacted for an in-person or Zoom interview.