Mid-Senior Level Corporate Transactional (non-litigation) Attorney
KEW Legal® is a woman-owned law firm servicing entrepreneurs and investors as their legal and consulting department. The firm is composed of sophisticated and highly educated professionals that pride themselves in finding creative solutions as a result of years of experience assisting hundreds of businesses and individuals in a wide range of complex matters. KEW Legal® offers white glove customer service to its clients, access to its expansive network of service providers and vendors and makes connections between clients to help them find opportunities. Our team is composed of the highest level of trust-worthy individuals, who will make sure that clients feel like our family. Learn more at www.kewlegal.com
We are an entrepreneurial law firm that is on track for growth, and we need a mid-senior level associate with strong experience in all aspects of corporate and business transactions, who can hit the ground running as we build our dream team.
The ideal candidate will have experience taking initiative on work that needs to be done and completing tasks with minimal supervision.
The essential job duties include:
- Analysis, drafting and negotiation of contracts and legal documents for corporate transactions with little to no supervision.
- Review and revision of agreements, preparation or review of renewals, terminations or extensions of existing agreements with little to no supervision.
- Respond to legal inquiries from clients.
- Lead the team, department initiatives, and projects, as needed.
This is a key position in the firm. It is a full-time job, so you MUST be able to work *in the office*.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Be admitted to practice law in Florida is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of prior experience as a transactional (non-litigation) corporate attorney is required.
- You must have transactional experience including strong drafting and negotiating skills involving a variety of transactional documents.
- You must be creative and think outside the box when providing solutions and strategy for clients’ businesses.
- You own your work and take pride in being an excellent counselor to clients.
- You must be able to draft and finalize a variety of corporate documents for business transactions with little to no supervision.
- Excellent Spanish, verbal and written, is strongly preferred.
- You must have excellent spelling and grammar.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients (and us) dearly. This is important. Make sure that this is a skill that you are known for!
- You will be working on many matters concurrently, over long periods of time. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline.
- You must be able to think on your feet!
- You must be able to work independently and as part of a team understanding that other team members will be relying on your ability to move things through the pipeline.
- We are a fast-paced law firm that needs team members who work well under pressure. If you get frazzled easily with juggling multiple deadlines, this job is not for you.
- Bring your energy, positivity, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day.
- You MUST be a positive person. If your middle name is “Drama,” you will not be successful here.
- If you walk through life seeing opportunities where other people see problems, you will probably do well here.
- If you find yourself thinking of why things can’t work instead of how they can, you will not be happy here.
- Because we help individuals with very sensitive matters, every member of our team must be conscientious and trustworthy. We will be doing a background check and disqualifying anyone with a history of fraud, theft, embezzlement, bar grievances, malpractice judgments, or anything that is an indicator of dishonesty.
We are growing fast, and we are investing time and energy in building our A Team. Team culture is really important to our company. We lean on each other and work together to grow the company. If you are the kind of gal/guy that will roll up their sleeves to get the job done, keep reading! We are known for finding creative ways to find solutions, so being a problem solver is a must. We are all different, but we respect each other – we don’t judge or gossip – so we will not allow that behavior from anyone in the team.
There will be training on the types of legal matters we handle, how we process our files, how to use our case management system. However, we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running.
Initial compensation is based on projected productivity and performance. Bonus compensation will be available on a performance basis.
Being part of a team and not just having a J-O-B is important to all of us at KEW Legal, so besides offering incredible growth opportunity, impacting our client’s lives with our work, and being in a family-like environment, we offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience,
- Reasonable billable hour requirement,
- Flexible work schedule,
- Unlimited vacation after vesting period,
- Financial incentives for performance and origination,
- Work-life balance,
- Paid bar dues, and reasonable CLE and networking expenses,
- Eleven (11) paid holidays,
- Ten (10) paid personal days,
- Paid parking,
- Monthly health insurance after 90 dayprobational period,
- Company discounts to numerous vendors, theme parks, hotels,
- Eligibility to participate in the firm’s 401k plan once launched.
For the right person, this will be a highly rewarding position. If this sounds like a good fit for you, you will need to complete a two-step process in order to be considered. First, apply for this position and include your résumé and a cover letter as a PDF document. If we review your résumé and think we might be a good fit, we will contact you for an in-person or Zoom interview.